• IP communication speed (throughput) up to 150Mbps downstream and 75Mbps upstream, at least 50% higher than that proposed by competitors;
• Mesh communication (from terminal to terminal) as well as star (through the hub);
• Improved link-availability by implementing fast frequency hopping techniques such as the Adaptive Carrier Selection (ACS) for Burst and AdaptiveCoding and Modulation (ACM) for Burst, which offer an increase from 2.0x to 2.5x of the availability of the TDM channel;
• Improved efficiency of the use of satellite bandwidth and therefore higher throughput with the same satellite band, using advanced codecs up to 16QAM 5/6, which offer efficiencies up to 3.3 bits per symbol against the 1.5 bits per symbol offered by other systems with 8PSK codecs;
• Use of NRS (Noise Reduction System) techniques that allow to overlap the frequency bands for satellite reception and transmission, allowing a reduction of management costs of about 50%;
• Open standard, therefore the possibility of using non-specific brand devices (modems).
The satellite communication technology used by Gomedia Satcom is the DVB-RCS2 standard, in which highly efficient channel coding algorithms have been implemented (16 QAM 5/6 in transmission) and dynamic band change algorithms to ensure optimal use of the satellite spectral resource, as well as mesh network techniques (direct dialogue between the terminal stations). These solutions are interconnected to the transport network of traditional telephone/Internet operators to allow the use of connectivity services by end customers.
In particular, the DVB-RCS2 (DVB - Satellite Return Channel) is the transmission standard that allows interactive broadband satellite communications regardless of the use of terrestrial infrastructures. The communication between terminals and Hub Station (Return link) is realized through satellite channels with access mode MF-TDMA and with advanced techniques of frequency use.
©2019 Gomedia Satcom S.r.l
Via Alfredo Agosta 34 - 95121 Catania IT